Spaghetti Squash with Sweet Spicy Sauce
• 1 spaghetti squash
• 2 lbs lean ground turkey
• 2 heads broccoli, chopped into florets
• 5 cups spinach
• ½ red bell pepper, diced
• ½ zucchini, diced
• Coconut aminos (gluten-free soy sauce alternative)
• Smoked paprika, ground chipotle powder, cumin and salt to season turkey
• Coconut oil
For the Sauce
• 2 Tbsp almond butter
• 2 Tbsp lime juice
• 1 ½ Tbsp coconut aminos
• 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 Tbsp hot sauce (for extra heat, replace hot sauce with siracha)
• ½ Tbsp honey
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 3 Tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 425oF. Cut squash in half. Lay flat sides down on baking sheet and bake from 30-35 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat some coconut oil in large pot over medium heat. Once heated, add turkey, coconut aminos and seasonings. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until browned. Remove cooked meat with a ladle and set in a separate bowl.
3. With some of the leftover cooking juices from the turkey, add the broccoli, pepper and zucchini. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until cooked tender. Add spinach and cover with lid and let steam for a couple minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk all ingredients for sauce together in a separate bowl.
5. Finally add turkey and spaghetti squash into pot with cooked vegetables. Pour sauce over mixture and let cook on low for a few minutes before serving.