Rotisserie Chicken Soup with Roasted Vegetables
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- ½ yellow onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups of organic chicken broth
- 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken (at least ½ the chicken)
- ¾ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. Pre-heat oven to 425oF. Toss cut vegetables (except spinach) in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, bring chicken stock in large pot to a simmer. Add the chicken, herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Add half the roasted vegetables to soup and place other half in a blender or food processor. Add water and blend until pureed.
4. Add pureed vegetables and fresh spinach to soup and continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve warm and enjoy!