Skillet Italian Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 can of organic Italian herbed tomatoes, drained of liquid
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2-4 Tbsp butter
1. Pre-heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Let the oil heat up for a couple minutes before adding your chicken. As the pan heats, season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
2. Lay chicken breasts in pan. You should hear the pan sizzle. If it didn’t, then your oil is not hot enough and this will leave you with greasy chicken. Cook on one side for 4-8 minutes and then turn over. Depending on your thickness of the chicken breasts, you may need to increase your cooking time.
3. After the chicken has been turned over once and continues to cook, add tomatoes, basil, garlic and butter. Stir gently to mix ingredients. Continue to cook on low heat until chicken is white all the way through and the juices run clear. (I always use my meat thermometer to help with this).
4. Serve with your favorite green veggies.