Caribbean Chicken with Pineapple Slaw
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Zest of one orange + juice from one orange
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp of coconut amigos (a gluten-free and low-sodium alternative to soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
For Pineapple Slaw
- ¼-1/2 red onion, diced
- 1½ cups of fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1-2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all chicken ingredients except chicken in a food processor. Blend together. Add marinade to a Ziploc bag with chicken breasts and refrigerate overnight.
2. Once, ready to cook, preheat oven to 375oF. Place chicken on baking sheet and pour remaining marinade over it. Cook chicken for about 30-35 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine all pineapple slaw ingredients in medium bowl.
4. Serve pineapple slaw over chicken or use as a summer-packed salsa.