Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Raisins, Rosemary and Goat Cheese
- 3 lbs of sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1-2 Tbsp of melted coconut oil
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ½ c. raisins
- 3-4 oz goat cheese, crumbled or cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425oF. Place cubed sweet potatoes in pan and toss with melted coconut oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes or until slightly crispy.
2. Meanwhile place raisins and balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes so vinegar reduces and raisins plump up. Be sure not to overcook the vinegar as this can scorch your pan.
3. Once sweet potatoes are done, place in serving dish and toss in raisins, remaining vinegar, goat cheese and rosemary. Serve warm. (But it was also quite tasty cold the next day!)